God said, "Be my people."
And we said, "Ok."
But then we said, "No wait, can we talk first?
And God sighed.
We said, "We're just not sure. Can we talk first?"
And God said, "Yes, my children. We can talk."
So we stood there at the mountain, and we talked.
We talked for hours. Like old friends.
We talked about our relationship, about where we'd been together, and how far we'd come.
We talked about our future. And our fears.
We talked about promises, and about uncertainties.
We cried some. And a few times we laughed, but not in a silly way.
We looked into each other's eyes. We imagined the Lord's eyes.
And God said, "Be my people."
And we said, "Ok. For now."
And we said, "We love you."
And God said, "I know."
And a few years later we had children. And then some years after that, they had children of their own...
And I said: That is a great poem!
ReplyDeleteAnd you said: I know!
And then we laughed!
ReplyDeleteAnd your friend sara said: I LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteLev said: "Is that God?" pointing to Jenny's picture. I said, "No, that's Jenny"
Very nice! (And welcome to the blogosphere. Just saw that you have a blog.)
ReplyDelete